Video Production Rates and Services
How much will my video cost? That’s a question that gets asked often and it really depends on the scope of the project. The cost is determined not by finished length, but by what is being put on the screen and the time and resources needed to put it there. For example, the cost to record the CEO of a company delivering a monologue directly to the camera in his office will cost much less than paid actor with a custom set and extras. Video production is just like any other service industry. You need to know about the service expectations before you can price out the project.
Here are a few questions you should ask yourself about your video.
- Who is your target audience?
- What goals and objectives are you trying to accomplish?
- Do you have a script or storyboard idea or will the production company be responsible for that?
- Who will be appearing in the video? Do actors have to be hired?
- What location will be used for the shooting? Are renting a location or obtaining permits involved?
- What’s the final length of the video?
- When does your video need to be completed?
- Do you have graphics to use or will they have to be created?
- Where will your video be played? (Broadcast, trade show, website, DVD, etc.)
- Do you have a budget in mind?
- Can you show an existing video as an example of what you want to produce?
Please contact us for more information with your project’s requirements and ideas. We’ll work with you so that you get what you need at a cost you can afford. Depending on the project, rates can and will vary extensively. The only thing that won’t vary is the attention to detail we put into videos. The goal is an effective video that resonates with your target audience.
Services, Productions & Roles
Mediapolis is focused primarily on concept-to-completion productions (where we perform all the work and hire as necessary onto the production). We also offer the following services, which may be separate and alone (i.e., we are hired onto another production with a certain expertise), or as a crew that we gather (i.e., we hire on), or alone (i.e., one person crew).
We also work with companies that have media savvy employees and/or subject matter experts (SME) with some video production knowledge or skills, but don’t have the professional equipment. SME from your company can play an important role in the production process that can result in less costly videos. SME can be involved with many aspects from scriptwriting to clip selection, and even cast and music selection.
We work on the following types of video productions:
- Storytelling – bringing characters to life
- Corporate promotional pieces for marketing to external audiences
- Corporate training videos or morale pieces for internal audiences
- Advertising or television commercials for local and regional broadcast or the Web
- “Video Profiles” for individuals
- Documentary style filmmaking
- Green screen shooting and compositing
- Videos with multiple languages for a global audience
… performing the following Roles:
- Developing concepts and writing scripts
- Working with subject matter experts
- Motion graphics
- Audio recording and mixing
- Voice over and talent auditions
- Music search and selection
- Multiformat delivery
Whether you need a one person crew or a crew of many, we have a team of seasoned professionals to help you with writing, shooting, directing, editing, or producing. No matter what crew person that is assigned to your job the result will always be carefully managed with your story in mind.
Whether you need training or marketing videos, please call us at (612) 486-2221 or email us through the contact us page for more information.
Minneapolis, MN 55412